Coronavirus (COVID-19) Grant Application
The Broadcasters Foundation of America’s Emergency Grant for Coronavirus Assistance provides one-time grants of up to $1,000 to broadcasters who have faced extreme financial hardship due to the coronavirus and its effect on the broadcasting industry.
At this time, to be considered for the program, applicants must fit the all the criteria below:
- Applicant must be or have been a direct employee of an over-the-air, radio and/or television broadcasting company.
- Applicant must be infected or have been infected with COVID-19
- Applicant must be out of work or have lost wages due to COVID-19
- Applicant must be in acute financial need due to hardships from COVID-19
Please note, freelance broadcasters must have worked as a direct employee of a broadcasting company in the past. We cannot provide support to those who have solely worked in a freelance capacity, nor can we provide support for those working solely in cable television, internet radio or internet television.
- Download the application using the link below. The file will download as as zip-folder. Open the folder to find the PDF application. We recommend saving the file to your desktop for easy access.
- Please complete the application thoroughly. Required fields are marked with a star (*). You can type directly into the fields of this PDF application and submit via email.
- Save the file one last time and submit via email to email@example.com. You can also print out the application, complete by hand, scan and email the completed application.
Once we receive the completed application, we will then review the situation and determine if an Emergency Grant is in order. Please keep in mind that Emergency Grant funds are limited and only available to those broadcasters in acute financial need. Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2020.
Because the COVID‐19 Pandemic is an evolving situation, the Foundation is unable to predict the number of emergency grant applications it will receive. If the volume exceeds the Foundation’s capacity to respond, it may establish guidelines so that grants will go to those whose need is the most compelling. Any such guidelines will be posted at www.broadcastersfoundation.org/coronavirus.
Feel free to contact the Broadcasters Foundation of America with any questions. During this time, we are best reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.